Thursday, August 2, 2007

Episode 01: "The Arrival"

Hey guys! I am so glad I'm able to post--I've had no internet for the last two days and I'm currently in a place that gets wireless. So I'm going to make this one short and sweet, since I have limited battery and I'm waiting for my name to be called (logistical stuff with registration, blah).

So, the basics: I arrived safe and sound. Getting to campus wasn't too bad. We loaded our bags onto the bus and drove from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. It was about a twenty minute trip. On the bus I met up with a cool chick named Corina--she happens to be Christian, so we had a smidgen of Jesus talk. Funny thing, she ended up being my roommate, although not entirely by chance. The "Madrich" guys--kind of like orientation crew people--asked us to randomly find our own roommates, and Corina was around when I was trying to find people to fill out my suite. I'm now living with four other Americans in a pretty sweet room. I'll show you pictures later.

I'm gonna cut this short, because I want to do this whole "documentation" thing justice, but I promise I will follow up with more details and lots of pictures. There's tons of observations I want to tell you about, even though it's only been a couple of days. I'll also outline what you can expect from this blog down the line. I'll even explain the title of this ridiculous thing. For now, though, I'm signing off. But I just wanted to let you know, I'm safe, I'm secure, and I'm in FRICKIN' Israel. It's all good.

Thanks for your support, everyone. Much love.

-Eric

9 comments:

Drummergirl said...

Ok, so I can't figure out how to sign on as "the mama" forgot my password... but it's me, the mama, signed on as Drummergirl which is what I used for Sarah's blog to Kenya!

Hey you! So glad to see that you were able to get your blog "on"-- you sound like you're in good spirits.

So let me get the basics out? Are you eating? What are you eating? Are you resting? How much? Are you going out with others and NOT ALONE???

Ok, now that I have that out of my system, HOW THE HECK ARE YA??? Looking forward to hearing much more as you embark on this new adventure of yours. Miss you MUCH!!!!

Love... the Mama.

Drummergirl said...

this is a test... i didn't see the first comment show up so i'm sending another one... love...the mama.

silverbenz said...

Hey, Ditto drummergirl!! So happy to hear the trip over was great and that you are doing well. You are really blessed to have this opportunity. We can't wait for the updates. Stay as cool, as you always are, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. We love you and know that you are always in our prayers. Will send a care package when we get your address. If there is anything special you need let us know. Check your e-mail when you get a chance, I sent you one regarding the checks we gave you.

Love and biiiiiiig kisses,
Grandma and Poppy

Auntie said...

Great to hear you arrived safely and are settling in. Since "the mama" asked all the basics, I'll just wait for your response.

Love ya... Auntie

GValley said...

Whats good cuzzin, its Glen, just heard about ya blog and everything and figured i'd check it out...i didn't really look at it yet but, i'ma check it out...hit me up and i'll send u my number so we can talk more.

Papa said...

Glad your trip was uneventful. Sarah and Laura left yesterday. So it's just me and the Cuds up here now. Heading over to the Church Fair/Picnic a little later. Can't miss the social event of the season after the Regatta.

Send your mailing address soon. I'll mail you your t-shirt from the Regatta.

Be well and enjoy.

Ro

Papa said...

Tried posting as "Rovie" but used "papa" when responding to Sarah's blog. Guess I'm gonna be papa.

Ro

lily said...

Very glad to hear you arrived safely. I can't wait to hear further updates, like about how the crash course in Hebrew I gave you has made you the star of your class.

It's our first day at the beach and we're all having a great time. Haven't started COG yet but I'll let you know when I do. Miss you!!!

Vikinglady said...

Hey E. Am sooooo happy for you and
proud of all yr accomplishments.
YOU GO GUY! Ask silverbenz and "the Mama" who I am. Silverbenz
sent me yr blog site and I love it.
Will be waiting for your postngs
weekly :-) The new places you talk abt really bring back memories. I used to live there
(just past Haifa (Nahariya)for 4 years. Let me know if U ever go to
that area. Also, how do you like the
Old City in Jerusalem? Oh have you cultivated a taste yet for knishes,gefilte fish and Matzah ball soup. Don't worry you will.!!

Take care of yourself, study hard
and ENJOY THE RIDE!
Vikinglady